Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K April Summary


The blog I was assigned to was Briana, a middle school student from Fairfax, Vermont. Briana’s first blog post I commented on was about where she was from. It gave me chance to get to know a little about her. She talked about how cold the winters are and how everything is blooming with life during the spring. At the end of her post she talked about wanting to move south to Florida closer to the coast. I was able to give her a few of our own pros and cons living near the coast. How living down near the gulf you always run the risk of being hit by bad weather during hurricane season and how hot it can get during the “Dog days” of summer. I did tell her about the up side of a sunny day only being twenty minutes from beach.
    The second blog post I commented on was about her trip to Disney World. She said she loved the firework show that takes place at the end of the day when the park is closing. How the castle was beautiful lit up with all the fireworks of different colors popping all above it. I was able to relate commenting on how I remembered the fireworks show at night from when I was at Disney World during Christmas on a family trip in 2002. Thinking it was a really cool thing to end on after a fun day riding rides and playing games at the park.
     The last blog post I commented on was on the issue of poverty and hunger. She talked about how she doesn’t understand why people don’t stop what’s causing hunger in the first place. Giving some statistics that were pretty eye opening. How 925 million people are starving and everyday 16,000 children die from hunger related causes. I was really impressed on her knowledge and awareness on such a major issue. I commented agreeing with her, on how important it is to raise awareness about poverty and the things it leads to such as hunger. It is great to see her trying to make a difference in a very creative way by using her blog a platform for hunger and poverty awareness.
    I really enjoyed commenting on Briana’s blog and participating I the World Blog Challenge! Briana seemed to be a great student and a good blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment