Friday, March 9, 2012

C4T Summary #2

MY SECOND C4T SUMMARY


For my third C4T assignment, I was given Wesley Fryer’s blog, Moving At The Speed Of Creativity. It is a personal blog Mr. Fryer uses to digitally document his own journey of learning and collaborate with other educators and lifelong learners around the globe. Focusing primarily on issues related to engaged learning, web 2.0 technologies, digital storytelling, educational leadership, literacy, blended learning, creativity, appropriate uses educational technologies, digital citizenship, and educational transformation. My first comment was on his blog post entitled Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students Heads. This post was on Mr. Fryer’s notes from John Nail’s presentation, “Necessary Accountability for Individual Learning” at a Yukon Public Schools professional development day. The article was about involving and motivating students to learn through personal accountability so the process would relate to them personally. One of the best ideas I took away from the article was the idea of a goal sheets he uses with his students. The idea of a goal sheet was very creative in how the student’s own personal goals engage them directly with their learning. It was great how the goal sheet gets the student to think or create their own picture and become motivated by self-reflection creating ownership to their goals. This article really gave some good insight on how to help students become engaged and motivated to learn.
The second blog post from Mr. Fryer in which I commented was Let’s Stop Encouraging Teachers to “Teach Technology”. This article was about how we should be using technology tools, not teaching technology like it’s a separate subject. Much like EDM310 class approach Mr. Fryer stated in the article, “As I continue to teach, I grow less enchanted with the idea of “teaching technology” and more enthused about “using” the tools I need to learn what I want to and/or have to learn.” I think my point of view on this article would have been completely different if I were not taking EDM310. I was more of an average Joe who used a computer for web surfing and face book along with the occasional writing a paper for class. Before this class I never thought blogging,

No comments:

Post a Comment