Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary



C4K February
The first C4K I was assigned to was Shalom a fifth year student at Pt. England School. He was telling us a story about how is Christmas break wasn’t going well for him. Things took a turn for the better when he found some fun shooting basketball and daydreaming about his team the Breakers winning the cup after beating the Miami Heat. The objective of the blog post was for the class to keep in touch by blogging during their Christmas break. His blog was very good with a few grammatical errors here and there, but overall he did a great job.

My second C4K I was assigned was Alicia from New Zealand. Her blog was very neat. She created a animated video where she was interviewing the historical Italian navigator and explorer John Cabot. It was very unique, unlike a post where someone has to read, she was able to give information in a very creative way through the video. Overall her blog was great. It really showed me how through the video she was able to display knowledge gained through her research and information gathered for the project. I think this a great way to get students motivated to learn.


         My third C4K was a student a 5th Grader named Emily from Canada. Her blog post was about sportsmanship and teamwork, something they had been talking about in her P.E. class. I felt I really could relate to the topics being discussed because I was very involved in sports throughout high school. It gave me a unique opportunity to help a student through a reply post. Hopefully, I gave her great information from my past experiences by my response. Much like this class, it shows how technology is breaking through the walls of education to where instead of a classroom setting, you can teach and learn all over the world.

Finally my forth C4K I was assigned a 10th grade Modern World History class. It was a post that talked about the Bill of Rights and whether or not they were still relevant in today’s modern world. It was set up much like a online class, which I think is very beneficial at high school level of education. For example, if a student is absent, they are able to read their blog so they don’t get behind in class and it saves time for a teacher by not having to re-teach the same lesson. I think, a class blog is just one of many tools that is helping revolutionize education.  

1 comment:

  1. Around the world: New Zealand, New Zealand, Canada, USA. What a tour!

    ReplyDelete